MASCHINE PLUS, MK3 & MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 total integration with Ableton Live 11+ (Windows & Mac OS)
This Control Surface/MIDI Remote Script, providing total integration for Ableton Live 11, was exclusively built for MASCHINE MIKRO MK3, back in March 2021, but compatibility and same functionalities are now available and ready to use for MASCHINE PLUS & MASCHINE MK3, without support for the screens, 8x Encoders, 8x square buttons above the screens and other buttons not available on MASCHINE MIKRO MK3.
Several updates have been released since the first initial release and the continued development for this script will provide more future updates for new functionalities, fixes and improvements.
A brief overview of the main modes and their functionalities:
- CLIP mode
- Launch Clip. Pad color will match with Live's Clip color.
- Create Clip and Record
- Duplicate Clip
- Double Clip content and length
- Delete Clip
- SCENE mode
- Launch Scene. Pad color will match with Live's Scene color.
- Duplicate Scene
- Delete Scene
- TRACK mode
- Select Track, Return Track or Master Track. Pad color will match with Live's Track color or white if muted or muted via solo.
- Create New MIDI or Audio Track
- Duplicate Track
- Delete Track
- Arm/Solo/Mute Track
- METERING mode
- Visual feedback on pads for playback volume levels of up to 4x tracks, scrollable left/right to show more tracks' volume levels (4-columns visualization). 4x pads color (1 column) will match with Live's Track color.
- DRUM mode
- Trigger up to 16x Drum Rack pads/chains, scrollable up/down for more pads/chains. Pad color will match with Live's Drum Rack pad/chain color or white if muted or muted via solo. Pad color will not match with Live's pad/chain color if Auto-Coloring is enabled.
- Auto-coloring for pads depending on pad/chain name, i.e.: "Kick" is colored in red (toggleable)
- Solo/Mute drum pads/chains
- Note Repeat
- KEYBOARD mode
- Note triggering for MIDI Track. Pad color will match with Live's selected Clip color or selected Track color if no clip is selected, brighter color for root-note pads.
- Live 11's per-clip Scales and Root Note integration. Per-clip scale and/or root note changes from the hardware will reflect to Live, and vice-versa.
- Scale, Root Note, Octave up/down change from the hardware
- Note Repeat
- SHIFT mode
- Quantize/Quantize 50% with selected Clip's grid quantization
- Nudge left/right selected or all notes
- Clear selected or all notes
- Clear selected Clip's Envelopes
- Copy selected or all notes
- Paste copied notes
- Transpose up/down selected or all notes, keeping note in scale if Scale is enabled
- Octave up/down selected or all notes
- EVENTS mode
- Similar visualization as KEYBOARD mode, to select notes of selected MIDI Clip
- STOP mode
- Similar visualization as TRACK mode, to stop playing clip of multiple Tracks without stopping playback
- Stop clip for all the tracks without stopping playback
- SOLO mode
- Similar visualization as TRACK mode, to solo multiple Tracks
- MUTE mode
- Similar visualization as TRACK mode, to mute multiple Tracks
Other important functionalities include:
- Transport control
- Play and Restart-Play
- Session and Arrangement Record
- Stop Playback
- Note Repeat
- Touch-strip for rate change, default 1/16
- Auto-enable when touch-strip is touched
- "Pinned"-enable note repeat
- Selected Track
- Change Volume with +/-1.0dB increments
- Duplicate. If a clip is selected/focused, it will duplicate the clip, instead.
- Capture MIDI
- Toggle Automation arm
- Toggle Metronome
- Tap Tempo
- Change Tempo with +/-1.0 increments
- Change Swing amount of groove
- Show/Hide Live's Browser panel
- Toggle between Session or Arrangement View
- Toggle between Device or Clip Detail View
Installation, Usage, Changelog:
Please read Installation.pdf, User Manual pdf files and Changelog.pdf published at the forum thread, Interactive user manual can also be opened from this link: https://elton47.github.io/MMMk3-User-Manual/
The development of this script continues for future updates, new features, improvements, support and bug fixes.
It is highly recommended to always use the latest version of this script.
The script requires the hardware to be on "MIDI Mode" (SHIFT + MASCHINE ICON button-press combination).
RESTART button is used for "SHIFT" operations, as we currently cannot assign any MIDI CC values for the physical SHIFT button.
Feature requests, bug reports and other issues, please reply on the forum thread or contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You get: The Script (PLUS, MK3 and MIKRO MK3, one-time-pay), User Manual, Installation Guide, Changelog, Lifetime Updates